Testicles are linked to the male sex organ i.e. penis. These are quite sensitive and prone to suffer from injury even if there is minor strike caused to them. Since testicles are deeply and closely linked to the penis therefore these play an important role in the process of reproduction as well. Any injury to the testicles or damage caused to these sensitive organs due to any reasons may result in malfunctioning of the penis. Even it may result in infertility or impotence in men.
Almost all men suffer from testicular pain or injuries at some point of time or the other. It may be due to carelessness on the part of the men in taking proper care of penis or some unwanted or sudden injury caused due to accidents or some other reasons. The pain experienced in the testicles is quite severe and may become unbearable at times. Therefore it is very important to pay attention to even minor pain or injury so that further aggravation of the problem may be prevented.
What causes pain in the testicles?
The pain in the testicles may be triggered due to multiple reasons as mentioned below.
- An injury to the scrotum may also lead to pain in the testicles. It is because both these organs are interconnected and any injury or problem to the one results in pain or discomfort in the other as well.
- People who get indulged in sexual activity excessively suffer from hormonal imbalance in their body. This in turn affects the growth of the testicles in a negative way and hence causes great discomfort to them.
- Any type of infection or inflammation of the epididymis or the testicles also leads to testicular pain or injuries.
- The condition of testicular torsion under which the flow of blood to the testicles is impaired due to twisting of the spermatic cord is also responsible for causing pain in the testicles.
- Similarly, the condition of spermatocele which is mainly characterized by filling of fluid in the testicles is also a chief reason for occurrence of testicular pain.
- Presence of stone in the lower ureter may also result in pain in the testicles.
- Urinary tract infections that are found commonly in men are also a major reason for pain in the testicles.
- Varicocele which means enlargement of the veins within in the scrotum also causes pain in the testicles.
- Inflammation of the blood vessels which are referred to as Henoch-Schonlein purpura in medical science can also be the causative factor for testicular pain.
- Men who undergo vasectomy are also at more risk of suffering from pain and injury to the testicles.
- Cancer in the testicles is another major cause of pain in the testicles.
- Damage caused to the nerves of the testicles as a result of diabetic neuropathy may also result in testicular pain.
Symptoms of testicular injury- Well, the most evident symptoms of testicular injury are pain, soreness and shrinkage of the testicles. There is malfunctioning of the penis as well. The sufferer may feel pain and discomfort during sexual activity