Sexual drive is quite important for people of both the sexes. It is because lack of sexual desire means poor performance during sexual activity which in turn results in dissatisfaction on the part of either or both the partners. Reduction in sexual drive or loss of interest in sexual activity is quite natural with advancement in age. It is all due to hormonal changes going on in the body which affects the capacity of sexual organs or the genitals to great extent.
Medically, low sexual drive means lack of improper or appropriate sexual arousal for performance of sexual activity in the most excellent and satisfying manner possible. One of the chief reasons for low sexual drive is low level of testosterone hormone in the body. This hormone is mainly responsible for arousing men for sexual activity. Lack of this hormone or low level of this hormone due to certain reasons is the chief reason for low sexual drive in men.
Why do men suffer from low sexual desire?
As stated above, there are multiple reasons as to why men suffer from low sexual drive. Let us have a look at some of the chief reasons for occurrence of this problem in men.
- Low level of sex hormone called as testosterone in the bodies of men is the chief reason for occurrence of low sexual drive in men. It is because this hormone is responsible for arousing men for the sexual activity and also during the actual sexual performance. Low level of this hormone naturally means low sexual drive.
- Nutritional deficiencies in the diet due to intake of improper and unhealthy diet are another major reason for low sexual drive in men.
- Weakness of the penis due to any reasons may also result in lack of sexual desire. It is because weakness of penis results in inappropriate and insufficient arousal of the penis which in turn makes men sexually inactive.
- Poor blood circulation towards the penis is also one of the chief reasons for low sexual desire in most men. It is because when blood flow to the penis is obstructed or slowed down then the availability of oxygen to the penile cells also decreases which in turn have an adverse effect on the functions of the penis. Consequently, men suffer from low sexual drive and poor sexual performance.
- Excessive indulgence in masturbation or ejaculation may also be one of the reasons for low sexual drive in men. It is because men who get indulged in masturbation suffer from lack of desire during actual sexual performance and hence get over-excited during actual sexual activity which in turn results in poor performance or early ejaculation.
- Lack of response in terms of sexual performance due to certain reasons is also held responsible for low sexual drive.
- Sexual abuse in the past or such other incidents from which men may have suffered may also be one of the reasons for low sex drive in men.
- Stage of andropause in men may also be one of the factors behind occurrence of low sexual drive.