Gastric troubles or problems are quite common during advancing age and old age. It is because the capacity of the digestive system decreases which in turn results in certain digestive issues such as gas formation, stomach heaviness, flatulence, abdominal pain, heartburn, acidity etc. All these problems arise mainly due to incomplete digestion of foods by the body which in turn leads to formation of gas and other problems.
Although these gastric troubles or problems are not so serious however these may give rise to other health issues. Even such problems may appear as a symptom of some other health issues related to the stomach or even some other important systems of the body. Whatever the cause may be, these problems need to be cured well in time so as to prevent further complications. It is worth noting that gastric problems or troubles may be triggered due to other factors as well apart from age. As an instance, wrong eating habits, intake of wrong foods, inactive lifestyle, use of certain drugs etc. may also result in gastric problems.
Common gastric troubles
Well, there are numerous digestive troubles or problems that are faced by people in routine life. Out of these some problems are quite common and are given below.
- Inflammation in the stomach lining
- Stomach pain
- Stomach heaviness
- State of indigestion
- Loss of appetite
Common risk factors for gastric troubles
There are some common risk factors or causative agents that may be held responsible for occurrence of these gastric problems. The chief risk factors are mentioned hereunder.
- Taking meals at improper time or with large gaps may also result in certain gastric problems. Staying empty stomach for long time is also one of the chief reasons for occurrence of gastric problems.
- Women who are pregnant are also prone to suffer from gastric problems such as constipation, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, stomach heaviness and gas formation. It is due to change in the internal physical functions due to conception of a baby.
- People who are too much dependent upon junk, processed, fermented, canned, and such other stale foods are also at more risk of suffering from digestive issues. Similarly, consumption of cold drinks and chocolates in excess is also responsible for occurrence of digestive problems or gastric troubles.
- People who use excessive of spices while cooking foods are also prone to suffer from gastric problems.
- Infections caused in the stomach or other body parts due to attack of bacteria and viruses may also cause gastric troubles.
- Any malfunctioning or defects in the liver or the large intestine in the stomach may also lead to certain digestive issues. It is due to non-secretion or inadequate secretion of digestive juices by the relevant organs.
- Occurrence of gastric or peptic ulcers in the stomach is also a major cause for most of the gastric problems.
- Mental stress, anxiety and depression are also held responsible for certain gastric troubles.
- People who smoke are also bound to suffer from gastric issues. It is due to inflammation of the stomach lining.
- Similarly, excessive or unrestricted consumption of alcohol may also result in gastric problems.
- Lack of proper rest and sleep also has an adverse effect on the functioning of the digestive system.